Ross Apartment Fire Blamed on Lamp Cord
The occupant of the Jarvis Court apartment was out of town when the fire broke out Friday morning.
"As best as we can determine, the furniture pinched the cord in a way to create a short, which eventually started the fire," he said. "It's been ruled an accident."
The fire broke out shortly before 10 a.m. and firefighters had it under control in about ten minutes. The inside of the apartment was heavily damaged.
The occupant of the apartment was out of town. A neighbor noticed the smoke and called 911.
No one was hurt.