.

Ross Apartment Fire Blamed on Lamp Cord

The occupant of the Jarvis Court apartment was out of town when the fire broke out Friday morning.

Ross Township Fire Marshal John Reubi said a lamp cord, underneath of the leg of a love seat, is the most likely cause of Friday morning's fire at 1 Jarvis Court.

"As best as we can determine, the furniture pinched the cord in a way to create a short, which eventually started the fire," he said. "It's been ruled an accident."

The fire broke out shortly before 10 a.m. and firefighters had it under control in about ten minutes. The inside of the apartment was heavily damaged.

The occupant of the apartment was out of town. A neighbor noticed the smoke and called 911.

No one was hurt.

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook

Check out some of today's other top stories here .

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »