Across North Hills School District, various students and student organizations and staff participated in service activities throughout the holiday season.
In total their donations – both financial and in-kind, to numerous charitable organizations totaled more than $20,000. Throughout Christmas week, we have been highlighting some of the charitable efforts of North Hills students and staff:
- West View Elementary students and staff contributed 120 Blessing Mixes, snack packs filled with items that have a symbolic message, to area veterans’ hospitals.
- North Hills Junior High School Student Council and paraprofessional Linda Thompson spearheaded a giving campaign for junior high students and staff across the district raising $1,000 for Engine Company 154 in Staten Island, New York.
- Highcliff Elementary School students and teacher Suheir Pfeil led an additional campaign gathering $500 and 300 hats, gloves and other items for general Hurricane Sandy relief to help those wholost everything stay warm this winter.
- North Hills School District students and staff contributed more than $700 to Hurricane Sandy relief for the Engine Company 154 in Staten Island.
- North Hills Senior High School’s Hands For Service Club collected $618 to help relief efforts in areas hardest hit by Hurricane Sandy.
For more news about the North Hills School District, check out our school news topic page .