Band-O-Rama is part of the North Hills School District's celebration of Music In Our Schools Month.
The free concert features the award-winning bands of the hilltop performing a variety of pieces at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the North Hills Junior High auditorium. Highlights of the evening will include the Wind Ensemble performing "Kingfishers Catch Fire" from their recent concert with the Youngstown State University Wind Ensemble and the Cadet Band students joining forces with the North Hills Marching Band for our finale.
Recent band awards and accomplishments include:
- Concert Band featured at PMEA Convention
- High School Bands Awarded “Best Overall Band” and “Best
- Overall Band Program” at Heritage Competition in Chicago, Il.
- Marching Band performs in Chicago St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Jazz Band featured at PSSA/PSBA Convention
For more news about the North Hills School District, check out our school news topic page .
- Wind Ensemble performs at Youngstown State University Band Invitational
- Bands to compete in Music in the Parks Adjudication Competition at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio.
North Hills Senior High School choirs will hold their second annual Cabaret Night fundraising event in the senior high cafeteria at 7 p.m. Friday, March 1. The evening, sponsored by the Choral Parents Association, features solos, duets and small groups in an informal setting. The cafeteria will be transformed into a coffee shop/jazz club in with an “open mic night” feel. Song selections are of the students’ choosing and come mostly from Broadway and modern/pop genres.
Admission is $5 and includes refreshments provided by the choir families. All proceeds from Cabaret Night will go toward the Symphonic and Women’s Choirs’ upcoming trip to compete in the Music in the Parks festival at Kings Island in Cincinnati, Ohio.
For more information about the choral program at North Hills, visit www.northhillschoralmusic.org.