North Hills School District Board of Education members were recently recognized by students representing each of the district’s six schools.
Students presented each board member with a book that had been purchased in his or her honor. All books will be placed in school libraries throughout the district.
Pennsylvania School Boards Association declared January as School Director Recognition Month, a time to spotlight the contributions of public school board members. The theme for this year is “Serving Every Child Every Day.”
For more news about the North Hills School District, check out our school news topic page
The following is a list of school board members and the books that were selected in their honor:
- Tim Burnett, school board president - “Heroes for My Son” by Brad Meltzer
- Thomas Kelly, school board vice president - “Crash” by Jerry Spinelli
- Thomas Baker - “No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission that Killed Osama Bin Laden” by Kevin Maurer
- Arlene Bender - “Have You Filled Your Bucket?” by Carol McCloud
- Jeff Meyer - “Jackie’s Nine: Jackie Robinson’s Values to Live By” by Sharon Robinson
- Louis Nudi - “Canons at Dawn: The Second Diary of Abigail Jane Stewart” by Kristiana Gregory
- Kathy Reid - “Ralph Tells a Story” by Abby Hanlon
- Sharon Schrim - “Boy Scouts of America: Scout Stuff” by Robert Birkby
- Ed Wielgus - “The Field and Forest Handy Book” by Daniel Carter Beard
- Michael Witherel, solicitor - “Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption” by Laura Hillenbrand
Check out some of today's other top stories here .