and families, who are willing to take a short drive, can enjoy one last, energetic summer Saturday of physical activities and creative expression during "Let's Move Family Fun Day" from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 15, at the Frick Art & Historical Center in Point Breeze.
Sponsored by UPMC Health Plan, the event will provide visitors with an opportunity to charge into fall with a free day of fun lawn games, programs and art-making activities, including:
- A wide variety of old-fashioned pastimes and fun physical challenges similar to those enjoyed by the Frick children more than 100 years ago.
- "Hop, Skip and Jump Through Time" across the Frick's 5.5 acres of tree-shaded lawns using the Frick-produced activity guide based on First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move initiative to promote healthy
eating and active lifestyles for children.
- Journey back in time and have a "vintage" photo taken.
- Step lively—have fun moving with Pittsburgh dancer Tracie Yorke.
- Tour Clayton, the historic home of the Henry Clay Frick family, at their
Families can visit the Frick, participate in physical and artistic activities, visit the museums, enjoy the grounds and rediscover the joys of simply having fun together outside. This free event is open to the public, and advance reservations are not required.
Information regarding Let's Move Family Fun Day is available on the Frick's website at TheFrickPittsburgh.org or by calling the Frick at 412-371-0600 between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Frick is located at 7227 Reynolds St.
This event is made possible through the support of UPMC Health Plan. The Frick Art & Historical Center is one of nearly 600 museums and public gardens across the nation offering special programs as part of the Let's Move mission.